Friday, August 10, 2007

Transmission 002 - What's to Come?




It's been a long time since I've last posted... Or had the time, or willingness to post, for that matter. Things have gone a bit... haywire, I'm sure you've noticed.

As for me, personally, they didn't seem to mind much when I told them I thought I was crazy... As the previous hacked tapings may have indicated. That was a bit strange, I can tell you... But I don't know, I've considered myself unstable for a while, and maybe, just maybe, the sanity's kicking back in. As if the end of the Truce weren't a harsh enough reality check...

I've also started a new... eh, line of work, shall we say? My operator Wanzer and I have dedicated ourselves to the elimination of the Cypherite threat by any means possible, which largely includes the use of sabotage and murder in the Real. That seems to be the only true and permanent way of stopping them. Not that I don't take a particular enjoyment in it. A few of our records of these events can be found here.

Anyhow, as a result of this "work" we ended up aboard a Cypherite ship when all hell broke loose, and we heard it first hand when "they found it". What a day.

I'm still unable to comprehend how some people justify the Machines' ending the Truce. They say that it was done in order to keep us from circumventing the Truce (which, in my mind, means start up a war) so, basically, it's a war waged on pretenses - false or not, we'll never know. I still don't see how a city, even with defenses is cause enough for those pretenses, but I guess it doesn't matter much.

They'll think what they'll think, and what they think is war. But it's also said quite a bit more to me, and that is that they never really envisioned a true, lasting peace. They always planned on exerting an immeasureable amount of control, and never wished to promote any freedom of any sort, god forbid one that quesitoned their control.

And when I think about it, that's the kind of peace I've always been striving for. Equality, freedom, happiness, and, of course, peace from attack. But really, it seems like they view humanity as inferior beings, well, as if Wednesday's incident of a bluepill being killed for the purpose of tracking Zion extraction teams wasn't enough evidence...

You know, it's funny to me, on that subject, that I've always heard Machinists clamoring that the Machines were entirely about protecting the bluepill population, and that Zion endangers them, puts them in harm's way. But really, who's harm? The Machine is harm, that's who.

Who pulls the trigger? The Machine, not us. If a bluepill dies on extraction, I'd severely doubt it was a Zionite at fault. And yet they blame us for continuing to offer the choice. They use it as an excuse to justify the killings. They claim that it's all "for the greater good". And it's a load of shit, because to achieve this "greater good" all they need to do is either:

A: Stop attacking extractions.
B: Get the Architect to say the word and call off the war.

War over, bluepills out of danger, et cetera. I really just don't see what's so complicated about it.

But I'm sure they do, for whatever convoluted reason. We'll just have to keep fighting the fight, and doing what we think is right, regardless of interference. We've got a tool that'll help keep us safe while we do what we've always done, and we've got just a little bit more time than previously...

I pray we make it out alive.

'Cause if we don't, I'll have to do some pretty terrible things to make sure that someone does.

No comments: